Swansea City of Sanctuary as an organisation is made up of Members and Pledged Supporters. These can be individuals or organisations.
- Have a say in how Swansea City of Sanctuary works by voting at the Annual General Meeting, and other member meetings
- Can nominate candidates to be Trustees on our Management Committee
- Are committed to being involved in making the Swansea City of Sanctuary vision a reality as a priority in their own activities
- Champion the City of Sanctuary vision in their area of work or community
Member organisations will be asked to name one authorised representative, who will be a point of contact and lead on work to build welcome for all in their organisation. They will have one vote at meetings.
From time to time (no more than annually), Members will be asked to renew their membership of Swansea City of Sanctuary to ensure our membership stays up-to-date.
To sign yourself or your organisation up as a Member, send a resolution of support to our email address ([email protected]), and specify that you would like to become a Member. This will also subscribe you to our mailing list.
- Publicly support the Swansea City of Sanctuary vision
- Pledge to take action (however small!) to contribute to the vision becoming a reality
- Are invited to Networking Events
- Receive regular updates on Swansea City of Sanctuary activities
To sign yourself or your organisation up as a Pledged Supporter, send a resolution of support to our email address ([email protected]), and specify that you would like to become a Pledged Supporter. This will also subscribe you to our mailing list.
Other roles within Swansea City of Sanctuary
As a voluntary organisation, Swansea City of Sanctuary is primarily run by the Management Committee. This is a group of 14 Trustees. We intend to register as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) within the next year. Trustees are responsible for meeting monthly to decide what the organisation’s priorities should be, how its money gets spent, and what to do if the organisation runs into any difficulties.
Our Management Committee aims to reflect the needs and priorities of Swansea City of Sanctuary’s Members, Pledged Supporters and the city of Swansea. We organise Networking Meetings throughout the year which provide opportunities for Members and Pledged Supporters to discuss challenges and opportunities.
From time to time we convene meetings of people seeking sanctuary and those working directly with them in order to exchange information and facilitate partnership working. Project and policy updates from these meetings also inform the Management Committee’s planning.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Trustee, please contact our Secretary via [email protected].