What are the Swansea Sanctuary Awards?
City of Sanctuary is based on the vision of a network of towns and cities permeated by a culture of hospitality, where people seeking sanctuary from violence and persecution in their own countries can find welcome, support, and understanding.
In Swansea, significant practical actions have been taken by local organisations which are likely to increase welcome, support and understanding for sanctuary seekers and refugees.
The 2nd annual Swansea Sanctuary Awards will be given on Wednesday 5th April 2017 at the Wales Cities of Sanctuary Celebration.
Why get involved?
Sanctuary Awards recognise the fantastic work our pledged organisations do to make Swansea a City of Sanctuary. It is an opportunity to celebrate the many and varied contributions to this movement.
Awards are valid for three years without further assessment, during which time you will be able to highlight your status as a Sanctuary Award winner in all PR and communications activity, demonstrating your contribution to the Swansea community and beyond.
How do I submit a nomination?
Organisations are asked to submit a written application with evidence demonstrating that the organisation addresses the three core values (learn, embed, share)
- Please demonstrate how your organisation has addressed these three core values beyond its previous normal day-to-day running.
- Evidence can be collected through self-evaluation and through consulting with sanctuary seekers.
- Nominations should be no longer than 4 pages, including supporting evidence. Only photos can be submitted in addition to these 4 pages.
- Please be aware that Swansea City of Sanctuary may use any information you supply for publicity / presentations. If you include quotes / photographs, please confirm that this is acceptable to persons concerned.
- Nominations must be submitted to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 10th February.
- The nomination will be judged by a small judging panel. The judging panel may request a visit to the nominated organisation during the appraisal.
The Awards will be made at the 2nd Wales Cities of Sanctuary Celebration on Wednesday 29th March 2017.
As follow up to the award, the successful organisation will be expected to:
- Spread the word about sanctuary within peer and other available circles
- Participate in reviews of the award status at least every three years, and develop a system of conducting an internal review annually.For further information and guidance, please contact Eleri Williams – [email protected] / 07496 172898.To apply, please download, read and complete the forms below:
The deadline for award applications is 5pm on Friday 10th February.