What are the Swansea Sanctuary Awards?
City of Sanctuary is based on the vision of a network of towns and cities permeated by a culture of hospitality, where people seeking sanctuary from violence and persecution in their own countries can find welcome, support, and understanding.
In Swansea, significant practical actions have been taken by local organisations which are likely to increase welcome, support and understanding for sanctuary seekers and refugees.
The annual Swansea Sanctuary Awards will be given during out AGM this year, due to occur in October/November.
Why get involved?
Sanctuary Awards recognise the fantastic work our members and pledged supporters do to make Swansea a City of Sanctuary. It is an opportunity to celebrate the many and varied contributions to this movement.
Awards are valid for three years without further assessment, during which time you will be able to highlight your status as a Sanctuary Award winner in all PR and communications activity, demonstrating your contribution to the Swansea community and beyond.
How do I submit a nomination?
Organisations are asked to submit a written application form with evidence demonstrating that the organisation addresses the three core values (learn, embed, share).
- To apply, please download, read and complete the forms at the bottom of this page
- Please demonstrate how the organisation has addressed these three core values beyond its previous normal day-to-day running.
- Evidence can be collected through self-evaluation and through consulting with sanctuary seekers.
- Nominations should be no longer than 4 pages, including supporting evidence. Only photos can be submitted in addition to these 4 pages.
- Please be aware that Swansea City of Sanctuary may use any information you supply for publicity / presentations. If you include quotes / photographs, please confirm that this is acceptable to persons concerned.
- Nominations must be submitted to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 30th September.
- The nomination will be judged by a small judging panel. The judging panel may request a visit to the nominated organisation during the appraisal.
The Awards will be given at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) event in October/November
As follow up to the award, the successful organisation will be expected to:
- Spread the word about sanctuary within peer and other available circles
- Participate in reviews of the award status at least every three years, and develop a system of conducting an internal review annually.
The deadline for award applications is 5pm on Friday 30th September.
Forms to read, download and fill in: