Share Tawe Accommodation Development Worker.
- 21 hours a week
- 2 year post, funded by Lloyds Bank Foundation
- Based in Swansea
- Salary £21,000 per annum Pro Rata. Statutory pension contributions
We are looking for someone to co-ordinate and develop our work with destitute asylum seekers. S/he will:
- Coordinate Share Tawe – a successful scheme which links asylum seekers who have been made destitute, with local volunteer households willing to offer accommodation.
- Pilot and evaluate a “shared house” project for asylum seekers and refugees
- Help people move on from destitution
The successful candidate will be:
- A clear and sensitive communicator
- A person of sound judgement and able to prioritise
- Highly organised and with good written English and IT skills.
Ideally they will have experience of working alongside asylum seekers and refugees – or first-hand experience of seeking asylum.
However we are interested in all applicants who have the commitment, skills and attitudes needed for work.
Interview date: 1st March 2017
Closing date for applications. Friday 10th February 9.00am
Candidates must email their completed applications in word format (not in pdf or any other format) to [email protected] to reach this address by Friday Feb 10th 9.00am.
If you have any practical difficulties in filling out this form, please email [email protected] As SBASSG is a small volunteer led organisation we are not able to deal with general enquiries prior to interview.
Download the Application Pack for Accommodation Development Worker and email completed application forms to [email protected] by Friday Feb 10th 9:00am.