This event has already taken place, and is shown here for information only.
Many communities make up the diverse community that is Swansea, and the events will focus on bringing people together to celebrate Swansea and what it means to us all.
The final event takes place on Saturday 4th March, featuring exhibitions, a parade, workshops, cookery demos, and more across several venues in the Oxford St / Princess Way vicinity.
There will also be a series of community-based, smaller events taking place in the run-up to the 4th March event, and City & County of Swansea are calling on local groups and organisations to take part in one, many or all of them , or to hold their own Our Abertawe event.
Planned smaller local events are will consist of:
- area for stalls, food and refreshments
- area for music & dance sessions
- area for diversity workshop delivered by Swansea Bay Regional Equality Council
Taking place at the following dates / venues:
- Townhill Community Centre – 8th February 2017
- South Penlan Community Centre – 10th February 2017
- YMCA – 16th February 2017
- Mayhill Community Centre – 17th February 2017
- Cefn Hengoed Leisure Centre – 20th February 2017
- Clase Community Centre – 22th February 2017
- Hafod Community Centre – 27th February 2017
We are hoping to attend several of these smaller events as well as the main event on March 4th. Keep checking back here for details.