JOB ADVERTISEMENT– Volunteer Development Worker, Swansea Bay Asylum Seekers Support Group
· 21 hours a week
· 2 year post, funded by Tudor Trust
· Based in Swansea
· Salary £21,000 per annum Pro Rata. Statutory pension contributions
About Swansea Bay Asylum Seekers Support Group
We are a volunteer-led registered charity, run and managed by our members, who include asylum seekers, refugees and other local people. We give a warm welcome to people seeking sanctuary in Swansea through our twice-weekly drop-ins, and offer practical support and educational and recreational opportunities.
We are seeking someone to help us
· Build our capacity and sustainability by encouraging existing and new members to contribute to the organisation in different ways – be it through practical tasks or governance
· Improve our existing services by mobilising additional voluntary help
· Help us identify and prioritise opportunities for new volunteer-led work
The successful candidate will:
· Understand the challenges faced by asylum seekers and refugees
· Communicate effectively face to face and in writing
· Encourage and support people in a wide range of voluntary roles
· Work with us to develop new projects and put them into action
· Work on your own initiative within guidance offered by the line manager and management committee
· Be available for frequent work on Friday evenings (5.30-7.30) and for 2.5 hours each Saturday.
Ideally you will have experience of working alongside asylum seekers and refugees – or first-hand experience of seeking asylum. However we are interested in all applicants who have the commitment, skills and attitudes needed for work.
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd July 2017 9.00am
Interview date: 18th or 19th July 2017
Application pack for Volunteer Development Worker