Ways to welcome people seeking sanctuary
Step Two – Plan how you can turn your resolution into practical action.
By making some simple action your organisation can make a real difference. You could…
- Send City of Sanctuary 2 or 3 simple sentences about your organisation to be included in a directory of organisations which welcome asylum seekers and refugees
- Invite an asylum seeker or refugee to come to speak of their experience to your organisation or to a group of organisations in your area. (Contact us for details)
- Display one of our “We welcome refugees and asylum seekers” signs outside your building or office (Available shortly)
- Offer befriending or advocacy to people seeking sanctuary in your area
- Offer volunteer placements for suitably skilled refugees or asylum seekers
- Consider appointing refugees to positions of responsibility in your community.
- Offer meeting space to an asylum or refugee community group
- Fundraise for an asylum or refugee charity (e.g. Asylum Justice or the Welsh Refugee Council Destitution Fund)
- Publicise City of Sanctuary, Refugee Week and other refugee events within your community
- Publicise opportunities to volunteer with refugee charities
See printable PDF of the leaflet with the Resolution and ideas for actions here.
Contact us for more information: [email protected]